Friday 1 February 2013

'Garden Party' revisited

Remember this summer's Garden Party dress?  I've sewn it up again, this time in a lightweight wool suiting with velvet band details.
 Inspired by Oona's glamerous snowy photos, I headed back to the garden...this time accessorizing with my trusty snowshoes, to keep from sinking to my knees!
You might recognise the navy ribbon belt, which I borrowed from the original dress.
(It was one of those perfect winter snowfalls, with heaps of white powdery snowflakes...)
The pleats help give the a-line skirt a lot of swingy movement - useful for playing in the snow (and for strutting in heels!)
 
I changed the bodice from the last version, ommitting the front slit and lengthening the sleeves to below the elbow.
Except for the wide green velvet band feature, the skirt is the same: six angled pleats on the front....
...two on the back...
...and that hidden hem band detail, which makes its way onto most of my pieces.
 
Snowshoes are optional :)
Stay tuned for a third version of this versatile dress!
 
Happy stitching everyone.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment