Wednesday 29 May 2013

waxing poetic

Anyone still looking for inspiration for a spring / summer sewing project?  Have you thought about an African wax print dress?
The talented Katy from Sleek Silhouette has just whipped up another GPD that's bound to turn some heads in the street, this time in this bold and funky wax print!

Thank you Katy, for another beautiful version!
I'm a big fan of wax prints - they are easy to sew with and the bright colours are instantly uplifting.  If you've seen my gallery on Burda you might recognise this dress (the first I ever posted!).  I still love the emerald green colour and gold flecks on that fabric.


In London African wax print is readily available - I'm a big fan of Dalston and Shepherd's Bush markets. There are so many variations to pick from and choosing the perfect print is part of the fun...so if you haven't already, get out there and find some - you won't regret it!







No comments:

Post a Comment