Saturday 30 May 2015

pink


I nearly called this the 'stag weekend' dress because I spent a weekend locked up in my flat drafting this pattern while my other half was away in Dublin celebrating. (Whoop!)...it's not often I get to spend 48 consecutive hours designing, dreaming, pattern drafting and sewing - but this is the result.

In fact, I can't even remember if I brushed my teeth or ate anything other than cheese on toast, but I do recall that the whole series of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt played on Netflix in the background until 3am, and I'm still not really sure if she went back into the bunker or not.

I bought this super lightweight pink suiting for $1 a metre at a Fabricland blow-out sale, which I think makes it the most economical dress for a wedding I have ever made.

I'm happy with the overall result but it's one pattern I can't stop thinking about. Specifically, should I have cut the first radiating pleat on the bias or straight grain? (It's on the bias). 

Any ideas?

Happy sewing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment